Related Help Pages:
Rules and Responsibilities
Terms and Definitions:
Mailbombing is a form of harrassment where the intent is to flood an address (or
server) with a large amount of e-mail.
List Administrator Help Pages
HelpDesk: Index of Help Pages
Still Need Help?
If you cannot find an answer,
contact the HelpDesk.
Removal of an Administrator
A mailing list administrator may be removed without notice for
the following reasons:
- Failing to provide a current contact address.
- Closing the list by unsubscribing everyone, or by refusing to allow
anyone to subscribe.
A mailing list administrator may also be removed for the following
reasons, if not corrected upon notice:
- Changing the focus of the list.
- Archiving the mailing list anywhere other than RootsWeb without
- Using RootsWeb's resources to sell or promote services (or items)
on the list without approval.
A mailing list administrator may be temporarily removed for
the following reason:
- In extreme circumstances, a RootsWeb staff member may assume
temporary control of a list if there seems to be no alternative way
to end problems or disputes that are detrimental to the list and/or
RootsWeb. This would include, but is not limited to, threats, promoting
mailbombings, or passing along chain letters.
Rules and Responsibilities of an Administrator