The following instructions are for The Master Genealogist, version 3.7 for
Windows. Your version may allow for a choice of GEDCOM formats; generally, the
most current will be best. Remember, this process will create a new file; it will not
erase or replace your current file.
- Click on Report.
- Click on GEDCOM Export.
- Click on Focus.
- Decide to export All of your data or a Filtered Group.
- Pick the starting ID Number.
- Click on Options and make your choices, as listed below.
- Select All Tags, No Tags, or Selected Tags.
- Names: Primary Only or All Variations
- Events: Primary Only or All Variations
- Miscellaneous: ID Numbers, Memos, Sources, Sureties, Suppress Details for Living People
- Export Reference Field as: Ancestral File Number, Reference Number, Social Security Number
- Longest Line: (suggest) 70 characters
- Places: Detail, City, County, State, Country, Temple, Commas When Missing, Show Excluded Data,
Show Sensitive Data
- Click on the General Tab, and fill in the following information:
- Include Submitter Info.
- For Destination, pick GEDCOM version, and for Character Set
- Chose Directory to store created GEDCOM on HD, Floppy, Zip drive, etc.
- Chose a filename -- save with .ged extension.
- Click Generate -- your file is ready to be submitted to the WorldConnect Project.
WorldConnect SetUp/Edit Form |
WorldConnect Main Page |
HelpDesk Main Page
Check the side panel for related links.
Still need help? Contact our HelpDesk.