Microsoft FrontPage lets you target your web for compatibility with specific servers. For example, you can target a web for compatibility with Microsoft Internet Information Server version 3.0 and later, but Rootsweb does not support these features.
- Select File, Publish Web
- Replace the Destination http: with the following ftp line.
- Modify the directory genealogy_html to match the one you use for your web page. (This is the same as the change directory field in CuteFTP.)
- When prompted for your id and password enter what was provided on your new account letter. These must be EXACT. Cut and paste is recommended.
If you target a web for compatibility with a specific server, commands not supported by that server will be unavailable (that is, they will appear dimmed) on menus in FrontPage at authoring time.
- On the Tools menu, point to Page Options, and then click the Compatibility tab.
- In the Servers box, select the server you want.
Note: For Rootsweb select Apache server, Active Server Pages are disabled by default.
- Make sure the Enabled with Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions is unchecked.
- For a wider compatibility to other users you may want to also choose Both Internet Explorer and Navigator and pick a version of Browsers you want to support.
Instructions submitted by Ken Rury
Also see Ken's FP help page