Help Pages and FAQs
When you are assigned your account, you will also be subscribed to the
Freepages-Help mailing list in digest mode. This is will a wonderful resource for help.
If you have questions not covered by these resources,
please write to Freepages-Help-L@RootsWeb.com
or contact our HelpDesk at http://helpdesk.rootsweb.com/help.cgi
Questions Frequently Asked
- Requesting a Freepages Web Site
- Very basic - Getting Started with Freepages
- Naming pages - how to
- RootsWeb Online Editor
- HTML -- The Basics
- What extensions can I use on my pages?
- I'm getting double banners. What do I do?
- Can I use MailMerge on Freepages?
- How do I put my genealogy on Freepages?
- How do I make a counter?
- I added the RootsWeb Counter but it doesn't work.
- How do I change the number on the Counter?
- How do I change the way the Counter looks?
- How does the search engine find my page?
- Where can I register my pages?
(you need to use the RootsWeb Editor or an FTP program to get your pages online)
- RootsWeb's Wizards Page (caution: don't use the settings for Freepages FTP)
- Computers at RootsWeb: Web Design downloadable editors
- Cyndi's Home Page Construction Kit
- AOLPress downloadable WYSIWYG HTML editor
- htmlhelp's web page
- Learning HTML (written by teachers for teachers)
- Java Goodies, Learning HTML
- Dr. Watson
specifically designed to judge accessibility to people with visual & other disabilities