FTPing with Fileman
RootsWeb's On-line Editor
- Get to your account space:
Surf to http://freepages.rootsweb.com/fileman/file_manager.cgi
- Enter the username and password emailed to you when you signed up. If you lost the name and password, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't click "remember" until you are familiar with the security risk.
- Click Log In.
- Get to your subject area. Make sure all the boxes are checked ON.
- Select the subject area from the menu (click on the word "arts", then click the subject that fits most of your pages--scroll to see the whole list).
- Click "Enter File Manager."
- Select the files to upload; scroll down till you see four "Browse" buttons.
- Turn OFF the little box above them that says "change filenames to lower case."
- Click a browse button.
- Find the first file you want to load--your "main" page (it should be named "index.htm" or "index.html").
- Double click the file name.
- Repeat for next three files with the other three browse buttons.
- Click "Send Files". When it finishes, select four more files, and so on till finished.